Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Abigail's Party"

Carnaby Street in London, England has long been associated with fashion that is avant-garde and unusual. It seems this is still true, as I discovered on a recent visit to that incredible city. My daughter and I were wandering around Carnaby when I spotted what appeared to be a shoe store - but a shoe store of a different sort. Irregular Choice is an extraordinary store indeed, and many of the shoes are not for the faint of heart - but what amazing shoes! Designer Dan Sullivan has a very unique take on fashion, and his shoe designs quite frankly blow my little provincial Canadian mind. One in particular has caught my fancy, and this is it. This is Abigail's Party, available at Irregular Choice for £69.99 (about $105 Canadian), plus shipping and taxes/duties. This shoe is available in several different fabrics, as shown below. There is also an Irregular Choice store in New York should you be lucky enough to visit that city....










You can also find Abigail's Party at my favourite online shoe dealer, Schuh.  Schuh carries this shoe in other fabrics, and they sell for £80 (about $120) plus $15 shipping (and your taxes and duties, of course). That is incredibly cheap shipping from the UK, fellow shoe-addicts!




I ordered this pair from Schuh and am completely delighted with them. I purchased some hot pink ribbons for them as well, which gives them a totally different and very spring-y look!




Finally, this is the Abigail's Party I bought on Carnaby Street. All I can say is holy smack, what a shoe! An absolute traffic-stopper - I can't even count the compliments I've gotten or the number of times I've been asked where I found them. I actually found them still available online at Phix Clothing for £85 plus shipping, taxes, and duties. Worth it? Oh yeah, baby, oh yeah.


No comments:

Post a Comment