Saturday, June 18, 2011

An Irregular Discovery

Well, fellow addicts, I've made a disturbing discovery. It's disturbing on two fronts, the first being that I hadn't checked this before, and the second being that it may end in a lot more shoes coming to my house. You see, my favourite English shoe designer Irregular Choice has a store in New York City. One of the reasons I haven't ordered shoes directly from IC is that the store in London charges £85 to ship to Canada, which seems absurd considering Schuh ships for £10. This bothered me as I couldn't justify paying that much to ship even if they are awesome shoes. Last night, though, the thought struck me: do they ship from New York? The answer arrived today. They do - for $50, which is still high, but a lot more palatable than £85 (or about $130). First thought? Uh oh. I do so love their shoes, and I've been eying these up...including shipping and taxes/duties/tariffs I can own these for about $200. Uh oh indeed.

Irregular Choice - "Duke The 2nd" $105
 Also in this soft pink floral, $105
And green, $110
And gold leaf, $139

And black, $139 


No comments:

Post a Comment